A. General comprehension:
1. Nature of the document: __________________________
2. Number of speakers and their accent (American? British?): ___________________
3. Give the real name of the Mother Road: __________________________
B. Part One
1.Tick the passages you hear:
a) It is the first cross-country □ highway □ away
b) making your □ road □ own itinerary
c) do it □ when you wanna do it □ when you gonna do it
d) The Mother Road really offers □ a lot of veracity □ a lot of variety
2. Tick the correct answer and justify:
The Mother Road offers □ freedom □ indecision ; Justification: _________________
C. Part Two
1. Name the geographical elements mentioned by the speaker.
Town: _____________________ Lake: _____________________
It is where the Mother Road □ starts □ goes through □ ends
2. Lou Mitchell's is:
a) a wonderful □ dinner □ diner
b) the best breakfast □ you're gonna have □ you've ever had
3. Pick out names or titles concerning these elements:
|a) Singer: ____________________||b) Prison: ____________________|
|c) Film: ____________________||d) TV series: ____________________|
D. Part Three
1. The Mother Road goes through numerous states. Make a list of all these states:
2. Name one city and explain its importance.
________________________. It is where the road _______.
3. The road is a ________ of American ____________.
4. Tick what you hear, then complete.
□ Steinbeck □ Steinway □ grapes □ rapes □ wrap □ wrath
________________, an American author, wrote a novel entitled _______________________. This novel deals with _____________ coming from the mid-_______ on their way to _______________ in search of a better _______.
5. For the United States, this road is one of the ______ _________.