mercredi 13 juin 2012

Heroism and tragedy


!!! If you don't know anything about Star Wars, research "Darth Vader" before listening.

PART I.
a) Pick out the names of the two characters: __________ & __________

b) The female character sounds: □ alarmed □ enthusiastic □ playful □anxious
Justify by quoting her words: “I _____ ____ __________.”

c) What is the problem with the male character? Tick two correct expressions, and justify.
□ He has murdered too many dark Siths.
□ He is accused of killing young children.
□ He has chosen an evil road.
□ He killed young Wookies.
Justification: _________________________________________

d) What does the man blame Obi-Wan for?
He blames Obi-Wan for _________ Padme ___________ him.

e) Pick out two elements about Obi-Wan.
  • Obi-Wan ________ about them.
  • Obi-Wan ________ to ______ him.

f) The character's feelings:
  • Padme:
hopeful    □ desperate   □ bitter (= amère)   □ joyful    □ conceited (= vaniteuse)   □ humble
Justification: “All I want ___ _____ _______.”
  • Anakin:
hopeful   □ desperate    □ bitter (= amer)   □ joyful   □ conceited (= vaniteux)   □ humble
Justification: “Love ______ _____ _____. Only my ____ ________ _____ do that.”

g) Complete the dialogue:
"(...) You're a _______ person, ______ do this."

"I ______ _____ you the way I ______ my _______. I'm _________ more ____________ than any Jedi has ever __________ of. And I'm ________ it for _____. To _________ you."

Part II.
a) What information do we learn about Padme? What does she want to do? Pick out keywords:
___________________________________________________________

b) Complete the dialogue:
"We _______ ______ to _____ away anymore. I have ________ peace to the __________. I am more __________ than the Chancelor. I can __________ him. And _________, you and I can _______ the galaxy, make _______ the way we _______ them to ____."

"I don't ________ what I ___ _______. Obi-Wan was _______. You've __________."

"I don't want to _______ anymore about Obi-Wan. The Jedi ________ _______ me. Don't you ________ _______ me."

"I don't know you anymore. Anakin, you're ___________ my _________. You're _______ down a path I can't _________."

c) Find the equivalents in the text above: (in the order of the dialogue):

English expression
Equivalent
Needn't
To kill and replace someone
To govern
To oppose someone
A road

d) What does Anakin blame Padme for? Pick out and rephrase his words:
He blames her for being a _______ and for __________ Obi-Wan here to _______ him.

e) What does Anakin blame Obi-wan for?
He blames him for ________ Padme ________ him and for ________ her from him.

f) Pick out 3 expressions to show that Obi-Wan blames Anakin:


Part III.
a) Complete the dialogue:

"You have _________ this ______ lord to ______ your mind until now, you have ________ the very thing you _______ to __________."

"Don't ________ me, Obi-Wan. I see _______ the _______ of the Jedi. I do not ______ the dark _____ as you ______. I have _________ ________, ___________, ___________ and _________ to my new __________."

b) Find the equivalents in the text above: (in the order of the dialogue)

English expression
Equivalent
To permit
To corrupt someone
To promise
To give someone a lesson
To perceive

Untruth

To be scared of
Liberty

c) What political party and value does Obi-Wan stand up for (= defend)? What about Anakin?


Obi-Wan
Anakin
Political party


Values




d) Pick out expressions suggesting that the two characters are about to fight:

Obi-Wan
Anakin






Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire