READ BEFORE LISTENING : the narrator is an Aboriginal child.
Fella = man.
I. First part :
1) What is the relationship between the child (narrator) and King George?
2) King George teaches the narrator a lot of things. Make a list :
3) The child and King George are very intimate with nature. Pick out elements to prove it :
4) The child's origins : he is not _______ fella, he is not _______ fella either. He has _______ blood, he is _______-________, "_________".
5) The "white" fellas :
Their occupation ?
King George's opinion on them ?
II. Second part :
1) "Coppers" are : □ farmers □ policemen □ military men
The child fears the “coppers” might ______ him ______, _____ him on a _________ island and ________ him into a _______ fella.
2) Right or Wrong? Justify with elements from the document :
a) The woman that the child sees was born in Australia.
b) Australia is the only name for this territory.
c) The name “Australia” was invented by the Aborigines.
III. Recapitulate :
1) What have you learnt about the Aboriginal culture in Australia?
2) The narrator uses the terms “black” and “white”: who were the “blacks”, who were the “whites”? What type of relationship did they have?
3) What did the whites do to Aboriginal children in the past?